Job Status: Full-time
Hours: 35 per week
Under the guidance of the Director of Health & Social Dev./Band Administrator, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for all communications within Cayoose Creek Band/Health & Social Development, including the website and social media presence. The coordinator ensures program and community information is shared with CCIB members so they can participate in programs, events and activities, and are informed and up to date on any community information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expand the communications mindset of staff by delivering communications skills training and mentorship
- Develops a communications plan to support CCIB goals and objectives, in collaboration with Chief and Council and department leads. Reviews and updates the plan regularly.
- Prepares and distributes all CCIB communications content, including newsletters, fact sheets, notices, social media posts, e-blasts, and website content.
- Evaluates and develops public education materials including brochures, information packages, flyers, and fact sheets on behalf of CCIB for staff and community members.
- Ensures materials and content are consistent in tone and branding
- Monitors and manages social media channels
- Develops, maintains, and coordinates a contact list of CCIB members for communications.
- Assists the CCIB staff team to organize urban meetings, zoom meetings or phone conferences.
- Documents and provides written summaries of all CCIB staff meetings.
- Contributes to CCIB’s ongoing success by accomplishing other duties as required or assigned.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license, class 5 and reliable vehicle
- Criminal Record Check
- Experience with current website standards and digital media technologies.
- Experience and knowledge of Canva or other equivalent design platform
- Experience and knowledge creating videos, photos and other visual communications content
- Experience and knowledge using audio visual tools and equipment
- Excellent communicator with exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong Computer Skills to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to multi-task, identify priorities, be creative and maintain a detailed work plan.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for improvement and efficiency.
- Operates as part of a team and flexible about the boundaries and functions of the job.
- Maintains professionalism in all circumstances.
- Recognizes and respects all cultural diversity and understands the Indigenous culture.
How To Apply
Please send resume, cover letter and references to the Interim Band Administrator Corina Adams at:
Cayoose Creek Indian Band
P.O. Box 484
Lillooet, B.C. V0K-1V0
Deadline: September 26, 2023 by 4pm.
ONLY THE APPLICANTS WHO ARE SHORT-LISTED WILL BE CONTACTED.