Job Status: Full-time
Hours: 35 per week
Under the guidance of the Band Administrator, the Operations and Maintenance Manager is responsible for a wide variety of maintenance and repairs of Band Owned Buildings and Grounds, Water Systems, Roads, Equipment, Machinery and other duties as necessary in the performance of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct general maintenance on Band public buildings, including small repair
- Safety inspections on all assets and band buildings and keep accurate records of conditions
- Perform Seasonal tasks such as grass and weed removal by operations of Mower, line trimmers, truck mounted plow and sander.
- Weekly solid waste (sanitary garbage) pick up and disposal
- Road and Culvert maintenance
- Perform maintenance and repair of water mains, service lines, chemical feed systems, valves, pumps, motors and related appurtenances including mechanical, minor electrical, telemetry and control systems, associated with band owned community water systems as per ACRS.
- Conduct scheduled inspections of Wells, pumps, motors and reservoirs: records information and reports malfunctions and the need for repair. Performs line location and construction project installation observation as needed.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs all types of system failures.
- Monitors and maintains disinfection residuals within the community water systems; obtains and repairs bacteriological Colilert samples and interprets results as directed by FNHA EHO for all community water systems as required if assistant is unavailable and;
- Responds to user complaints to investigate water quality problems, such as odors, tastes, sand, color, or foreign particles; and resolves problems to extend possible.
- Performs other maintenance duties and tasks as required.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- Must be willing to travel for required training
- SWOP Certificate
- Class 5 drivers license or better
- Level 1 first aid (we will provide Training)
- 5+ years of related experience
- Excellent communicator with written and oral communication skills
- Computer Skills to include Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Ability to multi-task, identify priorities, be creative and maintain a detailed work plan
- Ability to recognize opportunities for improvement and efficiency
- Operates as part of a team and flexible about the boundaries and functions of the job
- Maintains professionalism in all circumstances
- Recognizes and respects all cultural diversity and understands the Indigenous culture
- Experience of general maintenance
- Must pass a Criminal Record Check
How To Apply
Please send resume, cover letter and reference to Corina Adams- Interim Band Administrator at:
Cayoose Creek Indian Band
Cayoose Creek Band
P.O Box 484
Lillooet, B.C V0K1V0
Deadline for Applications: Review of Application will be on October 13, 2023 at 4pm and continue until the Position if filled.
ONLY THE APPLICANTS WHO ARE SHORT-LISTED WILL BE CONTACTED.