Job Status: Full-time
Hours: 35 hours per week
The Wellness Worker is responsible for providing a range of activities and support the community members within the community. The services provided will include, traditional/cultural, athletic activities, support services, referral and community education. The Wellness worker will work closely with other professionals and the community to respond to community needs through the provision of prevention programs, support groups, a strong referral network and distribution of information.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Community Development
- Professional Development
- Education and experience with three or more years of directly related work experience
- OR previous direct program delivery experience in the community social service sector with demonstrated working knowledge of a specific community-based program and related provincial and community support referred
- Ability to search and knowledge of local resources
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communicator with written and oral communication skills
- Recognizes and respects all cultural diversity and understands the Indigenous culture
- Valid BC driver’s license, class 5 and a reliable vehicle
- Criminal record check will be required
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter and reference to Shonna Jacob / Health Social Development Director
Cayoose Creek Band
P.O Box 484
Lillooet, B.C V0K1V0
Deadline for Applications: Review of Application will be on October 13, 2023 at 4pm and continue until the Position if filled.
ONLY THE APPLICANTS WHO ARE SHORT-LISTED WILL BE CONTACTED.